WARNING: YAZ has been associated with serious side effects!
If you or a loved one have experienced any serious side effects from taking YAZ (Yasmin), it may be in your best interest to contact a skilled Tacoma, Washington YAZ side effect attorney immediately. At Bernard Law Group, our drug injury lawyers have the knowledge and experience to represent victims of wrongdoing who have suffered monetary loss, serious injury, personal loss and future damages due to dangerous medications.
YAZ is one of the most popular types of oral contraceptives on the market. YAZ, one of Bayer’s top selling products, is marketed as a birth control pill which treats moderate acne and is “proven to treat emotional and physical symptoms of PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder).” YAZ is a combination birth control pill that is made up of two types of hormones, which are estrogen and a progestin. This type of hormone combination is supposed to be effective in preventing pregnancy, while reducing potential side effects.The synthetic hormone, drospirenone (or drsp®) is the primary component of its formula for pregnancy prevention.
Included in the YAZ packaging, is a lengthy list of medical conditions under the title “Who Shouldn’t Take Yaz.” Therefore, it has been suggested that women who fall into the categories below should not take YAZ:
- has or had treatment for a chronic condition such as chronic inflammatory disease or cardiovascular disease
- has or had kidney, liver, or adrenal disease
- is taking any of a long list of other medications, including long-term ibuprofen and diuretics
The use of YAZ has been associated with serious side effects, including deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism, stroke, heart attack, and even death. The packaging label on YAZ, as well as the YAZ website list numerous side effects which may be associated with the use of the birth control pill. If you take YAZ, and have experienced any of the following medication side effects you should consult your physician immediately:
- sudden numbness or confusion, pain behind the eyes, weakness, problems with vision, speech, or balance
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain which spreads to the arm or shoulder
- nausea, sweating, or a general ill feeling
- a change in the severity or pattern of migraines
- loss of appetite, stomach pain, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- a lump in your breast(s)
- symptoms of depression, such as problems sleeping, weakness, and/or mood changes
Due to a settlement reached between certain states and the FDA (plaintiff) and Bayer, the manufacturer of YAZ (defendant), Bayer revised the advertising campaign for YAZ, which now includes a more detailed list of the possible serious side effects linked to the use of YAZ.
Additional Information Regarding YAZ
Additional Information Regarding YAZ Side Effects
If you have suffered from serious side effects as the result of YAZ, you should contact a skilledWashington YAZ side effects attorney at Bernard Law Group. For years, our pharmaceutical litigation attorneys have been representing the rights of clients who have suffered serious side effects due to dangerous medication, supplements, and faulty medical devices. The YAZ side effect lawyers at Bernard Law Group are available to discuss all potential YAZ claims, so please contact us today.